PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 05-01-2004, 05:02 AM   #1
jbafaure
Green Mole

Excludes not working although properly set

Hi !

I'm currently running PhpDig version 1.8.0, and unfortunately, the comments <!-- phpdigExclude --> and <!-- phpdigInclude --> seem to have no effect. The content between them is still indexed.

Before posting this message, I made a comprehensive search in the forum, I found that each comment should be on a single line. That's done. So, I don't understand where the problem is coming from ? Maybe my version of PHP is too old ? My host runs 4.1.2, certified by Sun, and I can't change for another host at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Many thanks
jbafaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:28 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Try this thread.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:58 AM   #3
jbafaure
Green Mole

Thank you Charter for your reply

I've read this thread before posting, but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem.

If you have any idea please let me know...

Best regards.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:12 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. When you look at the HTML source for the pages using the exclude/include comments, are they each on their own line?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:40 AM   #5
jbafaure
Green Mole

Yes, they are on their own line, and everything is correct in the config file. Thank you again Charter for your help
Old 05-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. The exclude/include comments are case sensitive. Are you using phpdigexclude/phpdiginclude or phpdigExclude/phpdigInclude? Do a double check and see if what is defined in the config file is what is used in the HTML output.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:16 PM   #7
jbafaure
Green Mole

Hi Charter !

I effectively checked the case in both the config file and the HTML output, and they appear to be the same (phpdigExclude and phpdigInclude).

Nevertheless, I must tell you that I wanted to prevent the meta tag "description" from being indexed by PhpDig. I think that I've found the solution in robot_functions.php, and it seems to work now.

But will the comments phpdigExclude and phpdigInclude will elsewhere in the page, for example between the <body> and </body> tags of the page instead of the <head> and </head> tags ? Furthermore, the indexing process seems much slower with 1.8.0 than it was with 1.6.2 (that I was using before). Is there a solution for that ?

Thank you again !
Old 05-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
Charter
Head Mole

Ah, see this thread about meta tags. The exclude/include tags are for within the body of your pages. As for speed, 1.8.0 does more processing and there is a "courtesy" resource pause. Maybe this and/or this thread would be of interest.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
jbafaure
Green Mole

Hi Charter !

Thank you alot for your very effective support ! It's very nice to see that for a FREE, and professional-class script like PhpDig

My problem is now solved for the meta tags, and i optimized the search.php and robot_functions.ph files to make the indexing process a little bit faster.

Best Regards,

JBF