PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 03-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
Eric
Green Mole

No search results after update.

This is probably something very basic, and I appologize. I'm new to PHP and databases and stuff, but I'm learning.

I updated to version 1.8.0 and now spidering works fine, but no matter what I search for I come up with no results. When I spider, new links and keywords are added to the index, but nothing comes up in a search. Seems like my search page is connecting to the wrong database. How do I find out what's wrong and fix it? Thanks.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:46 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Check the connect.php script and see if the database information matches the database/tables for PhpDig.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
Eric
Green Mole

All the information in connect.php is correct. Something I noticed is that in the old version the file was named "connect.php" but in the new one it's "_connect.php". If I leave it with the underscore in front my admin panel doesn't work, so I am using "connect.php", but I put a copy of "_connect.php" with the right information in the "includes" folder, but it didn't fix it.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Using connect.php should be fine. Are there TXT files in the text_content directory, or did these files get removed?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:40 AM   #5
Eric
Green Mole

There's still a bunch of files in there.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:58 PM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Do you happen to have two installs and maybe calling the wrong search.php file? Did the search.php file get modified so maybe 'array' rather than $template is being used? What happens if you replace search.php and search_function.php with the version 1.8.0 originals?
Old 04-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #7
Eric
Green Mole

I got it working again. I just did something stupid. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:23 AM   #8
roger
Green Mole

Ok I have this problem now! No Results after an update. The only files I didn't update were <connect.php> and <configure.php> in <includes>

So what did you do Eric?

Or can someone else help please?
Old 05-24-2004, 02:55 PM   #9
Eric
Green Mole

Hi Roger. I honestly don't rememer what I did because it's been quite a while. It seems like it was just a stupid mistake though. I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #10
roger
Green Mole

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply.

I've given up on the update for now but I'll get back to sometime.

All the best