PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 02-13-2004, 05:58 AM   #1
schade
Green Mole

It's a classic: No link in temporary table / links found : 0

Hi,

I have a problem when trying to index my server. Installation went fine, but when trying to index I get:

Spidering in progress...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SITE : http://www.kvis.org/
Exclude paths :
-
- @NONE@
No link in temporary table

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

links found : 0
...Was recently indexed
Optimizing tables...
Indexing complete !

Phpdig is installed on the same server www.kvis.org. When I try to index another server e.g., www.schade.dk it just works fine. It seems to have a problem with 'localhost'.

PHP is running in CGI-mode, SAFE mode is off, running 1.8.0. What could be wrong?

It seems like I have the same problem at described
Here . But they newer found a solution.
schade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Perhaps try this thread or this thread.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:18 AM   #3
schade
Green Mole

Hi.

I've now tried to install phpdig on another server. When trying to indes www.kvis.org I still get "No link in temporary table / links found : 0 ". Would anyone please try to index it, and let me know if you succeded?
schade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. My initial guess is that the phpdigReadRobotsTxt function and/or the phpdigDetectDir function, both in the robot_functions.php file, may need some reworking.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
TiM
Green Mole

Same

Same here. www.doska.lv, rus.delfi.lv fails but for example www.audiclub.lv fine. No NAT and other network crazy things - direct connection (DC). Please inform how to fix it ASAP.
TiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 PM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Perhaps try the file attached in this thread.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:56 PM   #7
TiM
Green Mole

Sorry

Please test this on www.doska.lv and www.garmtech.lv. After patch this sites still doesn't want to crawl.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:30 PM   #8
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Try crawling

http://doska.lv/ and http://garmtech.lv/

instead of

http://www.doska.lv/ and http://www.garmtech.lv/
Old 03-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #9
TiM
Green Mole

Fine

Cool! It helps. But can somehow automate this for redirected links too?

Did you plan to enable redirect patch intro new version (and robots.txt comments too)?
Old 03-04-2004, 03:14 PM   #10
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. I think that the www versus not having it is a resolving issue depending on the host. Currently nothing in PhpDig tests this specifically, but rather the file here is for those cases where there is a header redirect in place like so:
PHP Code:
$url "http://www.doamin.com/dir/file.php?query=string";
header("location: $url"); 
If you are referring to this thread and robots.txt files, assuming the comments are on their own lines, then the phpdigReadRobotsTxt function should just ignore them.

As for new versions, while there is no guarantee that any requests/mods will make it into a new version of PhpDig, the Mod Requests and Mod Submissions forums are where I'll look for further suggestions.