PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > The Mole Hole

Old 08-15-2004, 04:06 PM   #1
Dave A
Purple Mole

Hi ya,
I am running phpdig from a web server, I have just changed my hosting provider because I am told the previous one didn't allow outside connections.
The tech support they offered was less than that seen in a Scot's underwear (GRIN)
But it's onwards and upwards, when the domain name swings over to the new host I will once again try to get the software to crawl the web.
The good thing about this forum is the way that everyone tries to help everyone else.
This must be one of the most exclusive clubs around.

Thanks for your reply to my question.
Wishing you all the very best

As a minor note, where I am in NZ we just had a minor earthquake, the computer stayed on line but the lights flickered.
Bugger this for a giggle!!

All the best
Dave Andrews
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Maybe I should offer hosting.

Glad you are okay through the earthquake. Where I live, there is the occasional tornado and some very slight remnants of a hurricane here or there, but no real earthquakes to speak of.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #3
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

We had a 6.8 earthquake here about 2 and a half years ago. It did enough damage to the building that I work in to where they gave us administrative leave for 2 and a half days so they could properly inspect the building for safety and make enough repairs to make it inhabitable. Damage to state office buildings has cost taxpayers into the millions, and repairs are still ongoing even now in some buildings.

I hope the earthquake you went through didn't cause any damage like that, or loss of life.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #4
Dave A
Purple Mole

Hi ya,
no it was only a small one, it was centred around 50km down and around 26km from where I live, it mentioned on line that it was around 2.1 which is a meer tremble to a few that we have had.

Every so often the birds go silent it's almost like they know what is about to go down.

Down under we have quite a few small shakers because we are living on a fault line. Everyone knows that Wellington, which ihas houses built on steep hills will soon have a bad one and that would not be the time to have any money invested in insurance companies.

All the best
Dave Andrews
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote