PDA

View Full Version : Modify look of found searches

straycatco
04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
How do I modify the look of the found search? Can I simplify the information so that it just lists a title and not the url, etc?

vinyl-junkie
04-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Sure. Take this whole section of code (loooking at the phpdig.html version of the template):<phpdig:results>
<p class='blue'>
<b><phpdig:n/>. <span style='font-size:10px;'>
[<phpdig:weight/> %]</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;<phpdig:page_link/></b><br />
<span class="smallLink"><phpdig:limit_links/></span><br />
</p>
<blockquote class='grey'>
<phpdig:text/>
</blockquote>
</phpdig:results> and replace it with:<phpdig:results>
<p class='blue'>
<b><phpdig:page_link/></b><br />
</p>
</phpdig:results>

straycatco
04-13-2004, 03:24 AM
Thanks Pat. I will give it a try. I'm new at all this PHP stuff. While I got one script to work yesterday from someone else on line I don't know if I can get PHPdig to install! Any hints on where to start...I upload the whole folder to my php ready web host and saved it in my public_html folder but I dont know which file to open first to initiate the process. Can you give me a clue?

thanks again for your answer.

vinyl-junkie
04-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Read through the installation documentation (http://www.phpdig.net/navigation.php?action=doc#toc4) first, to familiarize yourself with the steps involved. Keep in mind that if you can't get the install.php script to create the database and tables for you, you'll have to do those manually.

If you still have problems, feel free to ask for help. That's what we're here for. :)

straycatco
04-14-2004, 03:50 AM
this is what I got on screen at the install.php:

install.php X1/40Bâ1/40BâmBIN??Ï\ config.php301/44:H1/44:HmBIN??Î.en-language.phpü1/40©"1/40©"mBIN??ÿphpdig_functions.php$=1/41?z1/41?zmBIN??x function_phpdig_form.phpN1/4/:©!=1/4/:©!=mBIN??º&mysql_functions.phpX1/4/>1/4/>mBIN??òYauth.phpî1/4_|1/4_ÅRmBIN??–‰

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/straycat/public_html/PHPDIG_DIR/admin/install.php:1) in /home2/user/public_html/PHPDIG_DIR/libs/auth.php on line 25

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/straycat/public_html/PHPDIG_DIR/admin/install.php:1) in /home2/user/public_html/PHPDIG_DIR/libs/auth.php on line 26
No access.

Charter
04-14-2004, 04:23 AM
Hi. Looks like something is wrong with the files. Upload the files again, overwriting the ones on the server, and make sure to FTP images in BINARY mode and other files in ASCII mode.

straycatco
04-15-2004, 04:16 AM
Okay that worked but...(I know I'm showing my ignorance here...) I get to the window asking for my username and password when I enter it it says "No access." I must be missing a step. Was I to enter something before uploading?

Charter
04-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi. Are you entering the username and password you set in the config file?

motopsycho
05-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Hello,
This thread was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.