PDA

View Full Version : can't exclude the path

Psykotik
04-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Hello,

I've read carefully the forum, but in despite a lot of threads talk about my problem, I haven't found any solution.

I need to exclude a path from the spider indexing (not only the search engine), some internal links made for the website administration.

The "Banned" option doesn't work, and I cannot figure how to use the PHPDIG_EXCLUDE_COMMENT (if it's the way to do).

Let's say my links have this structure :

index.php?welcome=yes&admin=yes&what=1
index.php?welcome=yes&admin=yes&what=2

and so on. What I would to get, is to erase from the spidering the 2 last options, keeping the first one only.

Is there any solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Charter
04-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi. Do you want to have index.php?welcome=yes instead of index.php?welcome=yes&admin=yes&what=1? If so, just modify the code in this (http://www.phpdig.net/showthread.php?postid=1899#post1899) post.

Psykotik
04-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Hi Charter, thanks for responding.

This code is not what I'm looking for, since it doesn't forbid the link crowl to every page with admin=yes&what=1. Moreover, I get a lot of errors when indexing :

Warning: eregi() [function.eregi.html]: REG_EMPTY: in e:\***\admin\phpdig\admin\robot_functions.php on line 942
Warning: eregi() [function.eregi.html]: REG_EMPTY: pempty (sub)expression in e:\***\admin\phpdig\admin\robot_functions.php on line 942

Any other possibility ?

Charter
04-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi. It looks like whatever regex you used, it's not correct code so that may be why it's not working. It should strip &admin=yes&what=number from the query string.

Psykotik
04-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Well, I don't know what I've done the first time, but as I'm stubborn, I've tried a second time and now it works.

Thanks a lot, Charter ;-)