PDA

View Full Version : No search results after update.

Eric
03-30-2004, 04:55 PM
This is probably something very basic, and I appologize. I'm new to PHP and databases and stuff, but I'm learning.

I updated to version 1.8.0 and now spidering works fine, but no matter what I search for I come up with no results. When I spider, new links and keywords are added to the index, but nothing comes up in a search. Seems like my search page is connecting to the wrong database. How do I find out what's wrong and fix it? Thanks.

Charter
03-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi. Check the connect.php script and see if the database information matches the database/tables for PhpDig.

Eric
03-30-2004, 08:03 PM
All the information in connect.php is correct. Something I noticed is that in the old version the file was named "connect.php" but in the new one it's "_connect.php". If I leave it with the underscore in front my admin panel doesn't work, so I am using "connect.php", but I put a copy of "_connect.php" with the right information in the "includes" folder, but it didn't fix it.

Charter
03-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi. Using connect.php should be fine. Are there TXT files in the text_content directory, or did these files get removed?

Eric
03-31-2004, 06:40 AM
There's still a bunch of files in there.

Charter
03-31-2004, 11:58 PM
Hi. Do you happen to have two installs and maybe calling the wrong search.php file? Did the search.php file get modified so maybe 'array' rather than $template is being used? What happens if you replace search.php and search_function.php with the version 1.8.0 originals?

Eric
04-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I got it working again. I just did something stupid. Thanks for the help.

roger
05-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Ok I have this problem now! No Results after an update. The only files I didn't update were <connect.php> and <configure.php> in <includes> :confused:

So what did you do Eric?

Or can someone else help please?

Eric
05-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Roger. I honestly don't rememer what I did because it's been quite a while. It seems like it was just a stupid mistake though. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

roger
05-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi Eric, thanks for the reply.

I've given up on the update for now but I'll get back to sometime.

All the best