PDA

View Full Version : How to Include Numbers which occur in names

galacticvoyager
11-12-2005, 09:32 AM
My site has numerous pages with titles like "Apollo 13", "Gemini 7", "Mercury 6". If a user searches for "Apollo 13" he gets all the "Apollo *" pages but the "Apollo 13" page doesn't get a higher ranking.

If I understand the spider process, this is likely caused by the one and two digit numbers (13, 7, 5) getting left out.

Is there some way I could get numbers such as these included in the indexing? The config.php comments warn against setting the SMALL_WORD_SIZE to anything less than 2.

Thanks for your help and keep up the great work. PHPDIG is a very valuable tool for the small web developer.

Charter
11-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Just set SMALL_WORDS_SIZE to the number zero in the config file. Zero should make PhpDig index anything of one or more characters. Tip1: set single character or other sized 'words' in the common_words.txt file to prevent their index. Tip2: Run the 'clean common words' routine from the admin panel to rid the tables of common words. The SMALL_WORDS_SIZE comment is something from the past that didn't get updated when the code changed to allow for one or more character indexing. :o