PDA

View Full Version : changing (moving positon of) the results message.

WebSpider
05-02-2005, 03:47 AM
hello, I have my search installed and it works great, I just have one problem. When I insert my search text box into my page, it also include the following phrase:

Please fill the search form field.

this is directly related to the <phpdig:result_message/> entry in the templates. Removing this, does remove the phrase above, however it also removes the results message after a search is performed (ex: Results 1-2, 2 total, on "pilot supplies" (0.11 seconds)

is there a way to MOVE the "Please fill the search form field." phrase into the WHITE results area without eliminating the result message after a search is performed.

I hope I made this clear...

boyd
05-02-2005, 04:45 PM
search_functions.php

$result_message = phpdigMsg('no_query').'.';

remove that line.

WebSpider
05-02-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't get how that will actually make the "no results" message appear on the results area rather than on the upper right area of the screen...

So if the template displays the "results 1-10" or the "no results" message always on the same position (upper right part of the results screen), i just want to move the NO RESULTS message onto the same area actual results WOULD appear.

Clearer now? ;)

Charter
05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
The <phpdig:result_message/> comes from $result_message in the search_function.php file. You could try setting 'no_query' =>'', and 'noresults' =>'' in the language pack and make a new XML-like tag as shown in this (http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74) thread.