PDA

View Full Version : How can I re-name name="option"?

chris33
04-18-2005, 01:46 PM
I am trying to integrate PhphDig into another site that also uses the word "option" as a variable for loading content.

This means that the PhpDig radio buttons that are coded like this:

<input type="radio" class='phpdiginputradio' name="option" value="start" checked="checked"/>

cause my host site to through an error... Is there an easy way to re-name "option"? Just "optionx" would be fine.

thanks for any help...

GunMuse
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Use XML.

This is why XML is so important make the information poratable and brandable once delivered.

I posted the xml mod in the mod submission section.

We are currently using to intergrate with our sites and Paid search listings.

http://www.gunmuse.com/More/RKBA

You see the listings for RKBA about halfway down the page. After the sponsored listings at the top.

By using xml we can control how much free-vs-paid listings we show.

Since we produce $1000's per day from our paid listings its important to back them up with the crawler. A crawler has a hard time paying its own bills. That's why Xml is important to allow for a blending between survival and quality search listings.

boyd
04-18-2005, 02:11 PM
/libs/function_phpdig_form.php

the line to edit starts:

$result['form_radio']

chris33
04-19-2005, 01:38 AM
Thanks boyd. Should $option need to change also?

Charter
04-19-2005, 07:41 AM
PC file search (may vary depending on OS): Start > Find > Files or Folders > choose the Name & Location tab > leave the Named field blank > type option in the Containing text field > set the Look in field to the main PhpDig folder by using the Browse button > check mark the Include subfolders option > click the Find Now button. You could also use grep if it's available on your server. Type man grep at the prompt for usage.

In the files that show up, look for things like the following: option=$option, $option="start", $option='start', option=start, $option, $result['form_radio'], etcetera. Concentrate on the search.php, list.php, function_phpdig_form.php, phpdig_functions.php, search_function.php files. Also, uncomment error_reporting(E_ALL); in the config.php file, so that after you make the changes, you can test your edits.