PDA

View Full Version : Exclude and include tables

jerrywin5
03-26-2005, 04:13 AM
There are two tables in the database named excludes and includes. What are they for and how do I use them?

jerrywin5
03-29-2005, 12:35 AM
I did some experimenting. I am indexing a site that has a calendar script in it that adds about 1000 needless URIs to the index. These URIs are found in a directory called calendars. So, I looked up the site id in the sites table and then manually added a record to the excludes table and set the sit id field to the id of the site and added "calendars/" without the quotes. I indexed the site again and the directory was not indexed. So, I can see that it works. Cool!
Other than manually entering data into the fields, I don’t see that there is any other method to use this feature. I cannot find any documentation on it either. Is this a feature that is being developed?
I have not tested the includes table and am not quite sure what it might be used for.
Anyway, I thought I would share what I have discovered so far in this wonderful mystery script.

Charter
04-06-2005, 01:28 PM
You can also add entries to the exclude table from the admin panel. The includes table is for use when you want to LIMIT_TO_DIRECTORY and is emptied after index.

jerrywin5
04-06-2005, 01:42 PM
That's cool. Thanks for posting this.