PDA

View Full Version : Welcome message in template

claudiomet
08-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I have phpdig 1.8.3 and I am using gaagle.html template.

The body of this template is empty when I don't any search (only have a header and footer with the search box). Then, in this empty space I want to put a welcome message that is replaced by the results when I do a search.

I have inserted a html code with a welcome message in the body, but when I do a search the results appear under the welcome message.

How can I replace the welcome message with the search results?

(in the future the welcome message will be the site index and the manual add url)

Charter
08-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi. Perhaps check out this (http://www.phpdig.net/showthread.php?threadid=348) thread.

claudiomet
08-16-2004, 08:17 AM
thanx a lot!... now I know how to include a custom message in the template body but, I don't now how to do that the message will be replaced with the results... the message still appears before the results... please help me!

Charter
08-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Maybe set 'no_query' =>'Please fill the search form field', to something else in the language pack and use <phpdig:result_message/> in the template, or else code something perhaps using cookies that checks if the user is new, and if so, then display a welcome message.