PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 07-07-2004, 03:05 AM   #1
zevince
Green Mole

refine search but not based on path...

Hi,

I'm facing a little problem.. i've seen many post concerning the search in only one site or in a selected path of the site.. but i didn't find any thread concerning refine features, based on "keywords" or special tags..

in fact, we present two kind of documents, "abstract" and "codu" (medical material), they are all in url like
"mysite.com/article.php3?id_article=xxx"

I can easily put a keyword in the source to make difference between the two types of documents.. but not have them in two separates folder...

So .. is there a way to make users search only for some type of documents (codu or abstract) ...?

Sorry if i'm not clear enough, but my english.. needs practice !

Thanks for any help !
zevince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Perhaps a way to go about it would be to set refine=1 in the query string, change the $refine_url variable so that it includes a new key value pair indicating filetype=abstract or filetype=codu, add a column to the spider table (there would need to be an insert during index indicating the filetype), and then edit the $kconds variable to include the new column. Just a thought, but of course, TMTOWTDI.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:21 AM   #3
zevince
Green Mole

TMTOWTDI ..?

hmm.. lol.. ok, seems a little complicated.. and it's a hack of phpdig, so if i want to make updates, it'll be difficult ..?

Hmm, i don't really have time to see this, right now.. but i think during august, i'll have time.. and i'll have a look at it !
zevince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:30 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. TMTOWTDI is "there's more than one way to do it." Maybe a quick way to accomplish this might be to modify the titles of the pages to include either "abstract" and "codu" so if a person searches on "keyword" along wih "abstract" or "codu" then the related search results are displayed. Another quick way might be to add a radio button to the search box so that, depending on whether "abstract" or "codu" was selected, a little javascript could append "abstract" or "codu" into the search box. Just some thoughts...
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote