PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 12-01-2005, 06:27 AM   #1
stabilo
Green Mole

Spider & Search the Mirror, return results for Live

I have two dynamic content servers, the first is the target for my domain name. The second site uses MYSQL database replication to make a copy of the first sites database.

I use this second site as my backup and disaster recovery server.

My idea is that it would be a good idea to build my search database, run the spider and also the search utlity on the backup server then return the results to the live server. That way I can reduce the impact of Spidering and Searching on my live environment.

The live site uses both Cookie session managament as well as URL session ID's (when cookie are disabled).

Is it possible for my live server to make a call to the search utilities on the backup server ?

Can the backup return pages via some sort of API so that my live server can modify the URLs and add the session data before displaying them ?

What do you think? Is PHPDig the right place to start ? And if so does anyone have any ideas where I should start
stabilo is offline   Reply With Quote