PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
W_Adel096
Green Mole

http 500 Error during Installation

I am having trouble installing PHPDig. I am on a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6, MySQL Server 6, and PHP 5.2.5. I follow the directions in the instructions as closely as I can. I unzipped the PHPDig folder, added it as a Virtual Directory to Default Web Page in IIS, and then I browsed to /admin/install.php. Whatever the problem is, it seems to be getting worse. At first I was able to get to the first page of the installation. I filled in all the information about the MySQL stuff (host, password, port, socket). After that when I would hit next, I would be sent to a blank page. Here recently however I have been getting a HTTP 500 Error when I hit the next button. This leads me to believe that the error is server side, but I have no idea what is wrong. Thanks in advance for any help and your time.
W_Adel096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
W_Adel096
Green Mole

I know this place is buzzing with activity, but I really need help with this issue. Any advice at all would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
W_Adel096
Green Mole

Just letting you guys know, I am still looking for help. Can't really bump the topic sense I've been at the top for a while now, but at least you know I am still alive.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
W_Adel096
Green Mole

Well, by reinstalling everything, I've managed to beat back the HTTP 500 error. However I am still getting a blank page on the second part of the installation for Phpdig. Could still use some help on that one. This program has been basically from the very beginning.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
W_Adel096
Green Mole

Well, this blank page is making the installation very difficult. I've seen that some people did the installation manually, but I am not sure what to do, if I chose to go down that path. If I only need to add the MySQL info to the php.ini file, that's been done. I'm just not sure, if that is a step, and whether or not there are other steps. At any rate, that is my report for the day. I'll keep working on it and posting until its fixed. Any help would be appreciated, even an acknowledgement that someone else is on the boards.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
W_Adel096
Green Mole

From what I have seen on these forums, it appears that they are all but dead. I have seen some people trying to pick it over for info, as there are a lot of guests on (maybe 7-8). I figured out my problem, and I thought I might just go over my personal secenario, so that it may help someone who needs it.

First off, I am using a Windows 2003 server with MySQL 5.0, PHP 5.2.5, ISS 6.0, and PHPDig 1.8.8. My problem was that I didn't have PHP configured correctly, so it gave me a blank page whenever I tried to access further than the front page of a PHP file (like the page after you input all the MySQL information during installation). I uninstalled everything and set about a clean install. I found a few helpful guides along the way as well.

Step 1: Install your webserver (IIS 6.0), and your database program (MySQL 5.0).
Step 2: Download PHP (PHP 5.2.5), and follow the directions at http://www.iisadmin.co.uk/?p=4. If you are using something other than IIS try out http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php. That is the link I used though, so you will have to browse around.
Step 2.5: It says in the first guide that copying the php.ini to the /WINDOWS folder is optional, but I found that it was necessary for my setup. I always had to uncomment-out the MySQL extensions.
Step 3: Download PHPDig (PHPDig 1.8.8), and follow the directions at http://www.bictx.com/phpdig/document...c-en.html#toc4. I still had to do the manual installation, but it worked fine.

I found those three guides invauluable during the installation process. I will try to check up on this topic when I think about it, so please don't hesitate to ask about any of the info I've given. I hope this helps everyone as much as it helped me.

It still is not quite up and running for me though. I need to go through the configuration a bit, as it doesn't appear to be indexing anything I tell it to. Any help with that would be appreciated, but not expected
Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
W_Adel096
Green Mole

So it kinda feels like I am in a zombie movie, because I am the only one here that is still posting, and there are a bunch of silent people on the fringes watching me post ... lol

Anyway, I went to Google, and tried to use the Webmaster Tools they have there to test why my site doesn't want to index. It tells me that it can give me reports on any web crawler's errors. I thought this would be perfect for me, and in a way in might have been. When I tell PHPDig to starting the spider, it gives me a blank page after not even two seconds. I've seen screenshots of what it should be doing, so I know this is not right. I went to the Tools then to and it said I had to verify I was the owner of the website. So I had to upload a HTML file into the IIS server, which I did and was able to pull up, and when I hit "verify" it told my server timed out. I then tried to do the Meta-tag option, but this also timed out on me. I think this is telling me that the problem is with how I am working the server, but who knows.

If any of you silent guests have any advice, please don't be afraid to help out. I think the mods have ab****ned this project long before. It looks like this hasn't been updated for about four years. The posts start dieing out during 2007, but they were kinda dead then too. I'm really not expecting help, although I would love to here from anyone, but maybe one of you nameless guests can benefit.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
W_Adel096
Green Mole

Well, we knew this was going to happen, no one cry please lmao. I am going to go ahead and move on. This place is dead and none of my cries for help have been answer, doesn't even look like anyone tried. At any rate, I at least hope that some of you hovering ghosts out there are helped by the little adventure I've posted. I've found out that Windows 2003, as well as every other version of windows, comes with an Index Server. This Index Server will index everything on your computer, including the IIS webserver. I think I am going to go down a different route than PHPDig, in that I am going to start looking for a way to query that index list from a HTML document and repost that information. It sounds like it can be down from the research I've done, but I can't quite find out how to do it. I think it is going to require me to write a .idc and .htx file, the .idc to query the database, and the .htx to make the .idc info into HTML format. This is where it starts to fall apart. I don't know how to write either of those files, I have an idea, and have tried to no avail. It is very hard to find a good tutorial for writing either of them as well.

So, good luck to all of you nameless faces out there that don't want to log in and offer any kind of advice, or even a "Hey, I don't know how to help but, good luck trying." I hope you can get PHPDig to work for you. I really wish that this was still supported, because it was just what I needed, and I was so close to getting it to work.