PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 04-13-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
mirdin
Green Mole

cron using wget instead of php

I have PHP on safe_mode globally, but turned it off for the vhost containing phpdig.

Tried the cron with php but still got this message (even though safe_mode is off for that vhost) :
PHP Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode

I then tried the following cron

That worked, the site got spidered

I would like to have the site indexed/updated on a weekly basis, should the above mentioned cronjob work or do I have to change it?

Also what does the "site is recently spidered" error mean? recently as in 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week? How long do you have to wait before you can spider it again?
mirdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:12 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Seems PHP thinks the vhost is still in safe mode. Not sure about that, but there is a cron job tutorial here. Reindex depends on define('LIMIT_DAYS',7); in the config file or a meta revisit-after tag.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:40 AM   #3
mirdin
Green Mole

Quote:
Originally posted by Charter
Hi. Seems PHP thinks the vhost is still in safe mode. Not sure about that, but there is a cron job tutorial here. Reindex depends on define('LIMIT_DAYS',7); in the config file or a meta revisit-after tag.

Thank you for your reply.

hmm...I stlll can't get rid off the "Cannot set time limit in safe mode " error when I use the php command
The vhost is not in safe_mode (I double checked with phpinfo(); )

Is there a problem with using the following cronjob? It seems to work so far and solves the safe_mode problem

/usr/bin/wget --delete-after http://admin:pwd@domain.com/phpdig/a...url=http://url

Last edited by mirdin; 04-14-2004 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:49 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Other than passing the username and password in plain text, it's probably not a problem.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:02 AM   #5
mirdin
Green Mole

Quote:
Originally posted by Charter
Hi. Other than passing the username and password in plain text, it's probably not a problem.
Great

True, the username/password are passed in clear text, but as long as I use it just for my site residing on my server it shouldn't be a big security issue.
And I can restict admin access to 127.0.0.1 and my own IP.

Instead of wget I could try using curl though. I'll see how that goes.