PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 03-26-2004, 03:43 AM   #1
Jay
Green Mole

Password problem

The password isn't working.... I know what I put in the config file, and when I enter the pass, it just doesn't work. (It says "No access").

Jay
Old 03-26-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

What operating system is your Web server on? If you're on a Windows server, you won't be able to use the authentication process. This thread will offer you some insight as to why and some things you can do about it.

Hope this helps.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
cbj4074
Green Mole

Vinyl-Junkie, you've done a lot of research here and contributed quite a bit to the community! For that I am in your debt, but I figured it may be worth mentioning that you are incorrect in this post.

You experienced problems on Windows because your ISP or Web-host uses IIS, and/or permissions specific to your account were not configured to support certain features of PHP or directory access that are required by PHP Dig. Your problems were not a result of a Windows (or 32-bit OS). It is possible that they were a result of IIS, but I can't say for sure (I've never tried IIS).

I am running Apache 2.0.48 on Windows XP Pro and had no problems using the authentication feature that is built into PHP Dig. I also had no problems spidering a URI after disabling the inclusion of binary, executable files.

So, ultimately, Jay, your authentication script has not failed simply because you may (or may not) be running your (or your ISP's) Web server on the Windows platform. If you're on IIS, then that may suggest that the problem is specific to IIS, but not to Windows.
cbj4074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:57 AM   #4
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

cbj4074, thanks for the insight on the Windows server problem as it relates to phpDig. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable on server issues, so I appreciate your input.

I haven't actively pursued trying to get phpDig working better on my Windows server website. It's a small site and not the main one I work with anyway. Still, it's good to know there may be measures I can do which will improve phpDig's performance there.

p.s. - Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote