PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 07-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
halide
Green Mole

Spider stops before all pages are indexed

Hi,

I am trying to spider 3 sections of my site via a sitemap which I have put together for the purpose. The problem is that sometimes the spider will index all the pages but often it will stop before the end. There is no error message or completion message, just nothing. If I go back to the admin page it says *Locked* - This behaviour appears to be completely r****m because each time it stops at a different point.

The site is http://www.lightingdirectory.com and the site map is http://www.lightingdirectory.com/site-map (This is the URL I'm using for indexing).

Observation - All of the pages appear in the tempspider table every time. So it appears that the pages are being indexed but not spidered.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
halide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
llamastephen
Green Mole

Did you manage to solve this? I am having very similar problems.
llamastephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #3
Charter
Head Mole

Once spidering is complete, the tempspider table should be empty. Check whether a server timeout issue is happening or whether the host is killing the spidering process.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:26 AM   #4
halide
Green Mole

I haven't solved it yet. But when I set up the next crawl I'll also increase the time out value of my apache server and see whether that helps.
halide is offline   Reply With Quote