PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 06-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
zerakh
Green Mole

Problems with Installing

I just downloaded the .zip and tried to install it. It took me a moment to figure out what was missing at first. However, when I first start to use the everything (I am being asked the MySQL parameters), I put in all the information that I know of:: my user name, password, and my hostname (I believe its the address to my database)
all the rest of the fields, I have no idea about- so I just left them as they were (blank for the most part)

after putting the information in, I get this message:
Quote:
Can't connect to database
Verify connection datas.
with a variation of information, I get this as a message:
Quote:
Can't create database.
Verify user's rights.

I know that Im not able to create a database, as Im only allowed one- I can only create tables. Yet, I have the create tables only button pressed and nothing else.

I looked for similar problems on your site dealing with this same problem, but it seems as if some posts are missing where the answer may have been explained.

If someone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
zerakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
bookpage
Green Mole

I am getting same message. I am following instructions in 3.2 Fresh Install. I have done 1-7 and that is when I get the error message:

Can't connect to database
Verify connection datas.

Any help would be appreciated.

R. Taylor
bookpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
sandychan
Green Mole

I am also following instruction in 3.2 Fresh Install and it works fine for me. After the installation, you should be able to find a "phpdig" database in the database.

Last edited by sandychan; 07-12-2006 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
sandychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #4
Dave A
Purple Mole

Hi it may be worth you trying to setup your database with the sql update file update_db which can be found in the directory sql that comes with phpdig when it is unzipped.

I am not sure why you can't access or add a new database but you may be able to update your present database by using phpadmin to view your database and then add the tables needed manually.
If you want to, feel free to send me your email address with your database details and or domain and I will try to work the problem out for you.
My details and email can be found within my profile in the forum, so have a look and send me an email with as much information as you can give, I will have a look and see if I can get it running for you.
Heaps of regards
Dave A
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote