PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 07-08-2004, 03:51 AM   #1
pki
Green Mole

Unable to perform phpdig installation : help

Hello,

I've read the documentation, searched in this forum, and didn't find any answer to my problem :

I work with Linux 2.4 / PHP 4.3.2 / Apache 2.0.46

. first I tried to install phpdig 1.8.0 with install.php. Filled in the form, but the system said it was not able to create the database.
. so I created the database (phpdig), ran the init_db.sql to create the tables (worked fine), and tried to connect to search.php page -> the system answered database connection problem.

. after I deleted everything, and installed the last release (1.8.1) :
- I'm still unable to connect to admin page : message Unable to find connect.php file. !

Now I'm totally lost and have no more idea of what I could try.

Would really appreciate any help .

Thanks,

Pascal
pki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:12 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Oops, just redownload version 1.8.1 and all should be fine. Once you FTP over the files, then just go to the admin/install.php page. If you cannot create a database, then choose create tables instead. Whether you can create a database is dependent on permissions. Some hosts do not allow you to create databases, but rather they allow you to create tables within a database you already have.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
RobM
Green Mole

Hi, I've found the same thing with 1.8.1 (downloaded 1930 GMT).

However, I disabled auth, re-ran install.php successfully to create the databases, and re-enabled auth.

Just thought you might like to know!

Setup: Fedora Core 1, Apache/2.0.47 (Fedora), PHP 4.3.3 running as Apache module.

Thanks,
Rob
RobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:28 PM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Oops again...

Just re-redownload version 1.8.1 and all should be find this time. Additional info can be found in this thread. Disabling auth.php should not be necessary any longer.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:57 AM   #5
pki
Green Mole

Good morning,

Thank you very much ! I've downloaded phpdig again, and this time the installation step worked fine.

However, I have now an error message when I run it :

"HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found - http://dsio.ses-sterling.net/robots.txt
See http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html for explanation.
404s are either dead links or something looked like a link to PhpDig so PhpDig tried to crawl it."

Pascal
Old 07-10-2004, 06:40 AM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. That is just a notice from PhpDig letting you know that you don't have a robots.txt file. Also, sometimes PhpDig thinks it found a link, but it's not, so those notices will show then too.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:24 AM   #7
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

If you don't have a robots.txt file on your server, here is a very good tutorial that gives you the basics for how to put one together.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:42 AM   #8
pki
Green Mole

Many thanks to everybody.

With your help, it seems to work now.

Just a last question : to make it work, I've set the permissions to 777 for both 'admin' and 'includes' folders, and I guess that's no very secure. (it was just because I had an error message talking about permission)
Now I would like to set the right permission to each folder. Could you tell me what it should be ?

Pascal
Old 07-12-2004, 09:50 AM   #9
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Check out the installation instructions here. Basically, what it says is that temp, includes, text_content and rss directories must have 777 directory permission.

Hope this helps.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 PM   #10
pki
Green Mole

Once again : thank you very much !

Bye,

Pascal