PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 02-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
vispa
Green Mole

clean dashes??

Can someone explain what "Clean dashes" does from admin? I have read that this and the other admin options need to be clicked from time to time, so i have done, which reduced my Index : to 56519 Entries (down over 50%).

However I now find that search results are not as good

Advise most welcome. Maybe i have now got the frontend searching setup in wrong mode (I believe i have the default AND settings).

Martin
vispa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

The DirectoryIndex can be a number of pages:

index.html index.htm index.kvws index.wml index.php index.shtml index.cgi index.php3 index.phtml default.htm index.jsp index.rhtml index.rbx index.asp default.asp index.cfm default.cfm etcetera...

The web server knows that a request for domain.com/ is really a request for domain.com/filename.ext but PhpDig might treat domain.com/ and domain.com/filename.ext as two different pages, so "Clean dashes" removes domain.com/ type pages from the engine. These domain.com/ type pages are marked with a "-" when you look at the indexed pages via the admin panel. Also, you may be interested in this thread.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote