PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > The Mole Hole

Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 AM   #1
maggiemel
Green Mole

Announcement: New Hosting Co.

Hello, everyone (?)

Just to let you know my hosting company is up and running. I've moved some of my clients over and everything runs like a dream. Super fast servers, nightly backup, feature-packed control panel -- and you can host multiple sites on one account.

If you're looking for a host for your site(s), check me out: http://www.prohostsolutions.com.

See you in the forums!

Melissa Cahill
Owner/Operator, ProHost Solutions
http://www.prohostsolutions.com
maggiemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 01:56 PM   #2
Intrelix
Green Mole

good luck on your hosting company
www.intrelix.net
Intrelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
maggiemel
Green Mole

Announcement: New Hosting Co.

Thanks, Jeremy.

I notice you also run a hosting services. Hopefully, I'll be able to learn something from your experiences as you post here.

I already have a question:

when you first started your business, did you pay for advertising with any sites or did you try and barter for space and go with the free listings? I'm thinking of spending a chunk of money to advertise with a web host directory and wonder if the return is worth the investment.

Thanks in advance.

Melissa
http://www.prohostsolutions.com
maggiemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:02 PM   #4
Intrelix
Green Mole

Well when i first started i was on a reseller for over a year and i mostly hosted clients from my design business. I then got a dedicated server and getting ready to get another and Recently i merged my design bussiness and hosting into one company Intrelix. I pay for some advertising and word of mouth works well, but to get word of mouth you have to be on top of your game and make customers happy. I have bartered some advertising mainly sponsoring sites that could bring in good amounts of related traffic. No matter how much money you spend on advertising you still have the chance to not get any sales. So to start go easy on the money spending on advertising. Try to get some local clients and start to build up a client base. Then start advertising a little more and soon enough if you made your clients happy with support and great uptime things will start rolling in. Just dont blow a ton of money off the bat. Keep some of it for emergencies.

just my 2 cents
www.intrelix.net
Intrelix is offline   Reply With Quote