PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > Coding & Tutorials

Old 09-21-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
fwbbetsy
Green Mole

Cron problem, please help me!!!!

I have a website (http://pro.emeraldcoasttraffic.com) at the bottom is a table called click contest winners and those winners are suppose to be totled every day but it isn't working. I found a txt file that I think might be the problem.

Here is what the file says:

/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/clickcontest.cron.act.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/promocontest.cron.act.php >/dev/null ( RAN MONTHLY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/inactivity.60daydelete.cron.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/inactivity.daily.cron.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/todaysurfpromo.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/classmode.act.php.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/Scheduled_Email_Sender.cron.php >/dev/null ( RUN NEWSLETTER HOW EVER OFTEN YOU WANT IT TO RUN )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/movecredits.cron.act.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
#####################
#### Surf 4 Cash #############
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/admincash4surfpay_silverm.cron.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/admincash4surfpay_goldm.cron.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/admincash4surfpay_freem.cron.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )
/usr/bin/php /home/CHangeme/public_html/cronner/admincash4surfpay_bronzem.cron.php >/dev/null ( RAN DAILY )

my question is does the CHangeme have to be changed to something? Any help would be aapriciated.

thanks

Betsy
fwbbetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
Dave A
Purple Mole

Help!!!!!!!

I have no idea how to set up a cron job. I have the code but do not know where to add it in mysql.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
If you need to edit the amount of winners credits then edit the clickcontest.cron.act.php file located in cronner.

You also need to htacess the cronner file to protect anyone from running it.

Use this code for setting up the cron job to run at midnight each day:

0 0 * * * wget -q http://user:pass@www.sitename.com/cr...t.cron.act.php >/dev/null
Of course replace user with htaccess user name and pass with htaccess password
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have no idea how to use httacess so was going to delete that and rely on just the CHMOD value for protection?

This code is a good example of "talking over the head of newbies"!

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Mike Harmon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Velox Letum04-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Cron can be added by editing the user crontab file in the unix shell, or by adding it in CPanel (providing you have it).
I have enough time to complete my post now.
To create the crontab from the shell you simply put the crontab line into a blank file, then save it to a file such as mycron.txt, then run crontab mycron.txt
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote