PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Mod Requests

View Poll Results: Transform PhpDig into classes?
Yes 6 100.00%
maybe 0 0%
no 0 0%
nevermind 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2004, 02:33 AM   #1
cm_code
Green Mole

Smile PhpDig transform into CLASSES ?!?

Hello,

first of all, big honor to all PhpDig coders, very good software !!!

I have found PhpDig (V1.8.0) a few days ago (30.05.2004) and installed it on my local server, added some mods (Admin V1.2, AddNew URL and Sponsored Links). It works all.

I am a php coder too and i try whenever it goes, to use classes.

So is there any chance to put PhpDig into classes? I have searched forum about classes, but found nothing.

I ask, because if i start transform V1.8.0 into classes and next version (i have seen V1.8.1 Alpha) is again procedural programmed, i have to re-transform it again into classes.

BTW: Is it the right forum for my posting ?

Please excuse me for my bad english!

greetz
cm_code

Last edited by cm_code; 06-03-2004 at 02:41 AM.
cm_code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:38 AM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Welcome to the forum, cm_code .

Um, you probably didn't use the correct search terms because I sort of asked about that a while back when I wanted to integrate my site's template into phpdig without having to maintain it in two places. (Search for "objected oriented" without quotes, and you'll see what I'm talking about.)

Using an object oriented approach might make certain things easier to maintain, that's for sure, but it would also involve some pretty extensive changes. To my knowledge, and save for the few mods that have been accepted for incorporation by other users, Charter is the only person maintaining phpdig right now. If I can be permitted to speak for him, his time is at a premium and I doubt he'd have time to undertake such a project.

Of course, if he wanted to oversee a project to do this and pass out assignments to those [qualified and] willing to participate, that could be a dream come true. I'm not going to hold my breath that it will take place any time soon though.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote