PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 11-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
CentaurAtlas
Green Mole

Results

Regarding this thread: http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthre...t=results+page

I've seen this too. Running against the same database - one phpdig is on the same server with the database, one is on a second server elsewhere on the net querying the database on the 1st machine. Even with the exact same config file (except the ABSOLUTE_SCRIPT_PATH) it shows the URLs in the same order but with different descriptive text and I am not sure why. The machine with the database running locally shows better results.

[It is too bad that a thread that is only 2 months old is considered "old" :-) so I had to start a new one on the same topic. ]
CentaurAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

If you are using v.1.8.8, PhpDig tries to grab the snippets with the words of the query but, without taking the process time and resources to check all snippets, it does only so many snippets. Look for the code below $extract = ""; in the search_function.php file. The 1.8.9-rc1 version handles this better so, if you have PHP with mbstring enabled, look for the phpdigGetExtracts function in the search_functions.php file.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
CentaurAtlas
Green Mole

Thanks for the tip, I will look at it. I am doing 1.8.8 - the php 5 version we are running doesn't have the mb thing in it. :-)
Old 11-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
CentaurAtlas
Green Mole

I installed the mbstrings in php5 with 1.8.9rc1 now, virgin install in a new directory, new database etc. Compile went fine, php is working fine. Spidering results in a core dump, so I guess it is back to 1.8.8. :-)

The cool thing is that I didn't roll back my php version, and 1.8.8 seems to be working fine with php 5.2.0 with mbstrings, so it must be something with the mbstrings...only a small test, but seems ok.

----------------------------------
PHP Version 5.2.0

safe_mode is off
allow_url_fopen is on

Multibyte Support enabled
Multibyte string engine libmbfl
Multibyte (japanese) regex support enabled
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version 4.4.4
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check On

Last edited by CentaurAtlas; 11-27-2006 at 04:48 PM.