PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 05-29-2004, 04:29 PM   #1
compdude
Green Mole

Quote:
Originally posted by vinyl-junkie
PHP Code:
<input type='hidden' name='template_demo' value='/path/to/templates/template.php'/> 
Hi,
I'm really new to php and phpdig but I was looking through your sample code and was wondering what the above code's purpose serves. I have the sample code running and it works really well. Under examination, however, I noticed that I did not have a template.php and so does nothing.
Am I just missing a file or is the script submitting information to a nonexistant file?

Steven
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Geekcode
compdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:47 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Welcome to the forum, compdude!

I apologize if I confused you with my template filename in my sample code. That's a custom template that I made myself to match my site's look and feel, not something that came with phpdig.

The default template that phpdig uses is called phpdig.html. It's definition can be found in includes/config.php in the following statement:
PHP Code:
$template "$relative_script_path/templates/phpdig.html";  //Template file path 
If you'd like a quick and easy way to view all the different templates that phpdig comes with, click Go in the PhpDig Demo search box off the home page, then click on each of the "Choose a template" links at the top of that screen.

Hope this helps.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:32 PM   #3
compdude
Green Mole

I see. Thank you for the quick reply and yes it did help. Before finally getting php on my own server I had tried running lucene- a apache/jakarta project app that I had the worst time with. But I did get php so now I'm finding out all the nice applications and uses of php.
Thank you for your help

Steven Hadfield
Geekcode
Old 05-29-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Quote:
Originally posted by compdude
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/GG/GIT d+(-) s++: a17 C+++ UL++++>$ P+ L++ E W+++>$ N o? K? w++++>$ O M V? PS@ PE+ Y? PGP+ t+ 5 X- R tw-- b++ DI++ D+ G++ e- h-- r-- z-
I checked out your geek code and the referenced website in your sig. Interesting stuff. Spent a little time this evening trying to decipher it, and figure out where I would put myself.

I have entirely too much time on my hands today.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 12:08 AM   #5
compdude
Green Mole

Glad to have helped relieve just that much boredom you might have otherwise experienced
Geekcode