PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 08-26-2005, 06:33 AM   #1
twalker
Green Mole

install.php not creating tables

So far so good with the installation, but when I run the install.php script nothing happens...

These are the values I'm using:

Host: localhost
Port: 3306
Sock: [empty]
User: [valid MySQL user with create tables permissions]
Pass: [password for above user]
PhpDig Database: phpdig [already created on the localhost]
Tables Prefix: [empty]

When I click "Install phpdig database" I am brought back to the install.php page but there is no error and the tables are not created. I looked in the web server error log but there's nothing there either. Help!

Tim
twalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:59 AM   #2
twalker
Green Mole

install.php update...

Okay, so after digging into the code a bit I found out that the tables weren't being created. I added an output for the MySQL errors where the tables are being created (line 108 in version 1.8.8-rc1) and this is what was returned:

Quote:
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 6
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 8
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 11
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 14
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 12
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 7
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 12
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 6
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 7
Checking the handy MySQL manual, I find a "CHARACTER SET" statement, but not a CHARSET.

Any ideas?

Tim
Old 08-26-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
twalker
Green Mole

install.php update...

Okay, I found the CHARSET statement:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/charset-table.html

Back to work but would still take a helping hand...

Tim
Old 08-26-2005, 08:21 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Do you meet these requirements? If so, and as you have already created the database, try choosing the create tables option instead. BTW, what version of PHP are you running?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #5
twalker
Green Mole

install.php update...

Hmm... that's good info. It sure would have saved both of us a lot of time if I would have read that ahead of time eh?
  • PHP 4.3.10 (cgi) (built: Dec 21 2004 10:27:48)
  • mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.23a, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686)
  • Apache/2.0.51

So, if I don't update both MySQL and Apache, I assume that I need to go back and run PhpDig v.1.8.7 instead?

Tim
Old 08-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1 Requirements: http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1789
PhpDig 1.8.7 Requirements: http://www.phpdig.net/navigation.php?action=doc#toc3

I haven't tested Apache/2.0.51 specifically, but without MySQL 4.1.7+ (possibly an earlier version of MySQL 4.1.x) you cannot run PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote