PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 10-24-2003, 11:16 PM   #1
servergrids
Green Mole

Angry HTTP 500 - Internal server error - INSTALLING

I just downloaded the latest version and am trying to install this in mySQL/PHP environment on Yahoo Hosting. I made all the correct DB changes:

1. After the database was created, copy the "[PHPDIG_DIR]/include/_connect.php" file to "[PHPDIG_DIR]/include/connect.php" and edit the new one.

2.Replace the values "<host>", "<user>", "<pass>", and "<database>" to your database server URL, the username, the password to connect to it (if required) and the name you give to the phpdig database.

I verified that I have 7 tables in my database (phpdig), so I am not sure why its throwing error 500 and not giving me any DB connection errors...Like its dying @ web server before it can reach DB...any ideas ?
servergrids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 05:41 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Did you use a prefix in the table names? If so, does it match the PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX in the connect.php file? What messages, if any, are showing up in the /logs/scripts.log file?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 07:24 AM   #3
servergrids
Green Mole

Thanks for reply:

a. // Connection configuration
define('PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX',''); - so i'm not using prefix...

b. here's what is recurring in the log file you mention:

----------repeated over and over in log, multiple attempts-------
%% [Sat Oct 25 07:59:38 2003] GET /PHPdig/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1
%% 500 <PHPDIG_PATH>/PHPdig/admin/index.php
%request
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,video/x-mng,image/png,image/jpeg,image/gif;q=0.2,*/*;q=0.1
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Connection: keep-alive
Host: <my-host>.com
Keep-Alive: 300
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
%response
HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized
%stdout
Pragma: no-cache
Content-type:text/html; Charset=iso-8859-1
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm='Administration PhpDig'

Vous ne pouvez accéder Ã* cette page
-------------end of log------------

Does this thing use basic authentication? I think Yahoo hosting will not support that....or at least i havent figure out how to do it...

Thanks for reply !!! I will keep digging...if nothing else, i'll look into getting another search engine...coz yahoo search for hosting is terrible....

-j
Old 10-25-2003, 07:57 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Did you define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','1'); in the config file? Are you able to protect a directory using .htaccess instead?

If you can do .htaccess, then try define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','0'); and try .htaccess to protect the PhpDig admin area instead.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
servergrids
Green Mole

i do not have .htaccess in Yahoo hosting - might need some name of the best PHP/mysql hosting services which are reasonible and allow for more control though.

i am just starting to prototype my internet company and am in just trying to get identified the best tools to use or "re"use in my case.

i was able to work around Error 500 by setting access to 0 from 1, doing admin work, then changing it back to error 500...this in affect makes it secure i guess...

anyway, thank for all your help....if you know some "best of breed" hosing services for PHP/mySQL which gives you more control over your environment, let me know please.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:24 AM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. This is not anything against your host - they could be the best in the world for all I know - but you might try checking out Servlets.com for written reviews about some other hosting companies.