PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 04-13-2004, 08:55 AM   #1
Arbok9782
Green Mole

Unhappy Can't login to "install.php"

Been trying for about a hour to login to "install.php" to no avail. I did it before on my old host, but seem to be having no luck on this one.

I uploaded all the files to the site, chmoded to 777:

[PHPDIG_DIR]/text_content
[PHPDIG_DIR]/include
[PHPDIG_DIR]/admin/temp

And then went to visit "[PHPDIG_DIR]/admin/install.php" on my site, was given the "enter network password" screen, but, alas, "admin/admin" doesn't work like it did before here.

I tried going into the "config.php" file and changing "username" and "password" to something else (which was then reuploaded to the site, and chmoded to 777) and then using that username and password, but again, no luck. So I have changed it back the default "username" and "password" and have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I searched the forums here for other topics on this question, but haven't been able to find one to help this particular situation.

Sorry for the long winded post, and thanks for your time.
Arbok9782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

You're probably not doing anything wrong at all. The install script doesn't work on some servers, which is due, I think, to limitations imposed by your web host.

Try creating the database and tables manually, using phpMyAdmin or whatever tool your web host provides. That should get you well on your way.

BTW, you really should change the default username and password to something else. The default for that isn't the cause of your problem.

If you still have problems, let us know. We'll be glad to help.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote