PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 09-23-2004, 06:05 AM   #1
sbrazil
Green Mole

Unhappy won't install - keeps redirecting to login page

Hi my version, downloaded today, isn't installing. I have set up my database and think I have entered the details correctly in the install page, but as soon as I press Install it redirects straight back to the login screen.

Is they any reason for this to happen, on my old host I had no problems installing this script?

I have set up the database and in the install page select 'create tables' then add user and password for the DB plus the name of the DB in place of the 'PHPdig' one leaving 'localhost' as is. I know PHP is working on my server/hosting as I have forms etc so what can this be. The relavant directories/folders have chmod 777 on them, I have donw this for the temp folder but not the admin as a whole...

That's it covered I thought?!

Simon
sbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:55 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Create your database through your web host's control panel. Using phpMyAdmin, or whatever tool your host provides, run the script in init_db.sql to create your tables. Then the rest of the installation and setup should go per the documentation.

Let us know if you need any other help. That's what we're here for.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:58 AM   #3
sbrazil
Green Mole

Smile

many thanks this worked a treat, any reason why it didn't run without me having to run this in script in the sql database?

thanks again

simon
sbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:47 PM   #4
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrazil
many thanks this worked a treat, any reason why it didn't run without me having to run this in script in the sql database?

thanks again

simon
Sometimes, the install script just won't work. That's why there is an alternate solution.

Glad to see that you got phpdig installed. I'm sure you'll like it.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote