PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > External Binaries

Old 04-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
bmickler
Green Mole

pdftotext works! but dies after a few pages

Hello,

phpdig is great! I've even got it working with pdftotext, somewhat. The problem I'm seeing is that during indexing pdftotext dies after the 2nd or 3rd .pdf file. The first pdf is completely indexed and I can search for unique text that I would only find in it and I'll get good results.

I've tried running pdftotext from the command line on the offending pdfs and get an empty text file. I don't think it's php as I've set the script memory limit pretty high (128mb) and the script timeout to an hour. The biggest hint, though, is that windows tells me that pdftotext.exe has encountered a fatal error and needs to close.

Here's my setup, let me know what other information might be useful:

WinXP Pro
Apache 2
PHP 5.1.1.
phpdig 1.8.8

I know this forum doesn't offer support for external binaries themselves, but maybe others have run into this frequently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

--Bryce
bmickler is offline   Reply With Quote