PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 04-01-2004, 05:57 AM   #16
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. All the index.php files are that same short PHP file you posted previously? The URLS you want to index are the ones listed in the attached file between the option tags like below?

<option value="http://www.mysite.com/database/world/uk/england/south_west/avon/index.php">Avon</option>

There is no other place that has these URLs other than the attached file?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:20 AM   #17
bigals
Orange Mole

the options tags are for a drop down county list, like a quick way of jumping to a county, the the addressses need to be provided there, but they are only addresses for the counties, not all the other pages (towns, cities, regions, etc.)

and yes the short php file is the same for all index.php's just the template name changes depending on where the file resides in the site.

the addresses i want to link to are generated down on line 334 ish i think
bigals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:43 AM   #18
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. The index.php file calls up the template, but what page calls up the index.php file besides things generated in the template?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:49 AM   #19
bigals
Orange Mole

nothing, all the pages are generated by these index pages, the folder names that the index.php filesreside in are used to provide location information and are relayed to a locations table to get the root of the said county, region or town you see.

the only place links appear are in the county drop down list:

<option value="http://www.mysite.com/database/world/uk/england/south_west/avon/index.php">Avon</option>

but these are just for the counties only,

EVERYTHING IS DYNAMIC, i think i went quite overboard with the dynamicness didn't i lol!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:06 AM   #20
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. What do you get when you crawl the full http://www.mysite.com/database/world/uk/england/south_west/avon/ link? My guess is that content will be found. If so, you need to make a list of location URLs to crawl, as PhpDig cannot find the location URLs because there are no links to them.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:32 AM   #21
bigals
Orange Mole

yeah that worked, it indexes a '-', this is the folder index

and then the results are available in the search engine,

is there no other way of it generating these links, without my creating them, if i create them then i'll need to keep updating my location list whenever I add a new town!!!

that could be a potentially huge mistake generator on my behalf!!!, making it not as dynamic as a thought,

is there no way round this?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:42 AM   #22
bigals
Orange Mole

i am grabbing all my data from a big mysql table like so:

kingdom | country | region | county | town
uk england east_midlands leicestershire leicester

i can save this as an excel table and then is it possibe to put slashs at the end of each entry and put in a new table column called root on the left containing http://www.mysite.com/database/world

that would then create a line of :

http://www.mysite.com/database/world...ire/leicester/

for each location...

do you know how to do that in excel, or is it not possible?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:44 AM   #23
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. PhpDig follows links: no links, no index.

Wouldn't the info in the database tables also need updating when adding a new town, so why not query the tables to generate a list of links?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #24
bigals
Orange Mole

yeah thats what i just posted above, do you know how to do that!!!!!!?????

that would be great!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:34 AM   #25
bigals
Orange Mole

Hey man! something mad has happened!

I made a html document, just a big list of these:

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/database/world/uk/england/east_anglia/cambridgeshire/"</a>

for all the counties, regions countries and one for the uk....

and now when I spider it also spiders all the town folders!

The php is being created and spidered, its like its had a kick up the arse and a map as to where to go!!!

HAHAHA fantastic! Any idea why this has happened?

cheers for all the help, much appreciated,
hopefully this will be a trick that other people can use!

Alex.