PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 12-01-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
warrence
Green Mole

can i customize the search engine in this way?

Hi there

Lets say i have 4 pages, and spider craw over 4 of them, a keyword "design" exist in all 4 pages, and when i search using this keywords it return 4 result example

www.myurl.com/index?page=1
www.myurl.com/index?page=2
www.myurl.com/index?page=3
www.myurl.com/index?page=4

this keywords actually appear in the category menu, so that means the menu in those 4 pages is all the same, the different is the content information only!

I used SId to get rid of few variable already and this is the variable that i need, and i had exclude some part in the index.php to avoid spider to craw inside, only left the category menu which i cant exclude, if i exclude it wont craw to other page that means no more link found and only get one link www.myurl.com/index.php

so now the problem is i have to get the spider to craw over the categories menu but the menu exist in all 4 pages, so whenever i type keywords that happen to be in the cateogies menu, it will return 4 results...

Is there anyway to make it only return one result if it is the same link but different SId?
warrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:19 AM   #2
warrence
Green Mole

i was thinking if it is possible to make the spider to craw the link on categories menu but dun track the keyword in the menu?
warrence is offline   Reply With Quote