PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > The Mole Hole

Old 11-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #1
zizion
Green Mole

ThinkDing Php MySql Search Script

phpdig.net site is maintained by ThinkDing LLC. Searching on web for php search scripts, I found PHP MySQL Search Software Version1 & 2 by ThinkDing LLC. What is the relationship between that software and phpdig? Somebody know? if somebody already have tried that software "PHP MySQL Search Software", what is your impression? There is no information available on web or any places.

Thanks in advance
zizion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:09 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Being interested in search engines and their results, I wanted a search script that would perform different kinds of searches with MySQL 3.23 using only text box input. A while ago I looked for such a script, and the closest thing I found was this from David Altherr.

As his software is released under the MIT license, I decided to incorporate the boolean search and relevance pic code into the PHP MySQL Search Software. Besides boolean searches, the PHP MySQL Search Software allows phrase searches, bolds text, and has pagination.

The PHP MySQL Search Software is listed at several sites including HotScripts and ScriptSearch, having 4 out of 5 peppers with 8 votes at HotScripts and 3 out of 5 stars with 17 votes at ScriptSearch as of today.

The PHP MySQL Search Software is a search script. It does not crawl or index sites, nor does it make database tables. There is no code sharing between PhpDig and the PHP MySQL Search Software. The PHP MySQL Search Software was written totally independent of PhpDig, and in their current forms, they will not work together to display results.

PhpDig crawls and dumps keywords into a database table and uses those keywords to pull search results from text files. The PHP MySQL Search Software does not crawl, but rather searches a pre-made database table and pulls results from that table. There's this thread about possibly integrating the two scripts.

Anyway, after coming across the request from Antoine Bajolet for someone to take the PhpDig project, combined with my interest in search engines and their results, PhpDig.net was born.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote