PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 05-28-2004, 07:09 PM   #1
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Setting up phpdig in a subdomain

I was inspired to try again, when ChadK said here that he had successfully setup phpdig in a subdomain. (I started this new thread because I thought it would be a bit rude to hijack that other thread, since the original subject was different).

The last time I tried this, I got the search to work but not the spidering. This time, it's the other way around. However, the real reason for this post is that phpdig is spidering extremely slow from my subdomain, and I have sleep(2) in spider.php, as discussed in this thread.

So... any idea why spidering would be so much slower within a subdomain than in a subfolder?
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

OK, I got both the search and admin pages working in my subdomain - finally! But ... when I updated my index (1748 pages total to be indexed), it took 02:44:13 to complete. When I had phpdig in a subdirectory instead of a subdomain, the same amount of pages would take about 20 minutes.

I can't see why there would be such a huge difference. Any thoughts?
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote