PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 01-21-2004, 08:09 AM   #1
ekieke
Green Mole

Problems with installation

I'm a complete beginner, so I want to start by aplogizing for asking (or re-asking) questions that might seem completely obvious to many members. OK, with that out of the way, here's my problem:

I would like to use phpdig as the search engine for a site I'm creating, but I can't seem to get started. I've downloaded the file and unzipped it, but when I browse to install.php, I get the following error: "Unable to find connect.php file."

I've also tried to follow the instructions to do the manual installation, but after I enter the "#mysql phpdig < [PHPDIG_DIR]/sql/init_db.sql" command, I get the following error: "ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'phpdig'"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ekieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:34 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. The code that produces the "Unable to find connect.php file" error is the following:
PHP Code:
if (is_file("$relative_script_path/includes/connect.php")) {
    include 
"$relative_script_path/includes/connect.php";
}
else {
    die(
"Unable to find connect.php file.\n");

Check that there is a connect.php file in the includes directory.

The second error you list is because no username/password has been passed in the command. Try the following instead:
Code:
mysql -u USERNAME -pPASSWORD DATABASE < FILENAME.sql
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #3
ekieke
Green Mole

Thanks for the quick response Charter.

Sure enough, there was not a connect.php file in the includes directory, so I made a copy of the _connect.php file that was in the directory and renamed it connect.php. Now I get a different error when I try to hit install.php: "Unable to connect to database : Check the connection script. "

As for the second suggestion, I included a username/password in the command, as you suggested. It spit out a bunch of lines of output that seem to be a user's guide of sorts, but it still didn't create any tables in the phpdig db. As far as I can tell, the user I'm using has all the necessary priveleges to create tables, so I don't think that's the problem.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:20 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Keep both _connect.php and connect.php in the includes directory, and then call the install.php script.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:25 AM   #5
ekieke
Green Mole

Actually, that's what I did ("Keep both _connect.php and connect.php in the includes directory"). I may not have made that clear in my last post...
Old 01-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi, I see the problem. I changed some things around and now, unless connect.php is configured beforehand, PhpDig will throw an error. I'll need to redo this aspect, but in the meantime, just manually configure connect.php so that your database information is in the file.