PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Mod Submissions

Old 01-21-2004, 02:44 PM   #1
Charter
Head Mole

Version 1.8.0 Install Problems

Hi. If you downloaded PhpDig version 1.8.0 prior to the date of this post and are experiencing install problems, then download the attached file and use its contents in place of those in the includes directory, and then run the install.php file. Once PhpDig is installed, then remove the install.php, _connect.php (the one with the underscore in front), and init_db.sql files from online.
Attached Files
File Type: zip includes.zip (6.2 KB, 35 views)
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
tomdevo
Green Mole

Hi,

I don't know what to do anymore. I don't even get started with phpdig and I'm not able to install that thing.

I receive an error once I start installing with the install.php (Error 500 - internal servererror). How do I have to do CHMOD? What about the relative script path? How can i get it started?

I need help, please (would be nice if in German, but I speak English, too)!!!

Thanks a lot,
tomdevo.
tomdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Just (re)download PhpDig version 1.8.0 here. It contains the necessary changes posted previously.

FTP the files, and if you are using WS_FTP, just right click the following directories and change them to 777 permissions:

[PHPDIG_DIR]/text_content
[PHPDIG_DIR]/include
[PHPDIG_DIR]/admin/temp

Some hosts do not allow PHP in a cgi-bin directory, so if that is the case, then install PhpDig outside of the cgi-bin directory. Once the files are online with the correct permissions, just call install.php from the browser.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:29 PM   #4
tomdevo
Green Mole

Ok, thanks. I will do this later this day. Do I have to FTP the files in ASCII or binary mode? Are there other files needing CHMOD 777? Do you know if there's a german documentation in the www? That would make some things easier for me...
Old 01-23-2004, 08:11 AM   #5
tomdevo
Green Mole

It didn't work! I followed your instructions, but i still receive "Error 500 Internal Servererror". Perhaps you can help me, if I give you some data about my server/host and the mysql-database? Please reply soon, so I can start working with phpdig!

Thanks,
tomdevo.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:20 AM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. There is currently no documentation in German.

Chmod 777 the following:
[PHPDIG_DIR]/text_content
[PHPDIG_DIR]/include
[PHPDIG_DIR]/admin/temp

[PHPDIG_DIR] is your directory.

FTP in ASCII mode: php, txt, css, html, sql files
FTP in BINARY mode: gif, jpg, png files

If you still receive "500 Internal Server Error" then try contacting your host so that they can let you know what directory to use.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:26 PM   #7
David J Harmon
Orange Mole

Hey Charter
I'm having problems downloading 1.8.0 I don't know if its my side or yours. Plus I'm having problems spidering right now. I just moved to KY from FL and just got back online. Well soon as I can download I will be updating.
David J Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #8
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Do you have a firewall or referrer blocker on? If so, try turning it off and then download, or try the direct link from the download page.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:01 PM   #9
David J Harmon
Orange Mole

I found out my problem it was my Acclerator...

Now which files do I need to change???
David J Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 08:08 PM   #10
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Glad you could download it. No files need to be changed for 1.8.0 downloads after the date of the posts. However, there is a robot_functions.php change here that should allow for the stripping of multiple sessions, but that is the only change not included in the current 1.8.0 download as of the date of this post.