PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 05-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #1
pacotelic
Green Mole

database format

This is a great tool that trumps anything we have seen with Xoops or PostNuke, two packages we had considered for our needs.

How are the search results stored in the MySQL database on the web server?

Because we do not have access to install pstotext on our web host, we need to be able to insert text that we have distilled from pdfs on our workstations to the searchable database, while linking them to their urls.

I see that you have several tables in the _phpdig db, and I would like to know how to add articles manually to this database without causing any insertion errors in other tables.

Which data is added to what table when a single url is indexed?

Alan Cunningham,
DryLandScope
pacotelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Welcome to the forum, pacotelic. We're glad to have you here.

I started not to reply to this thread, but I didn't think anyone else would so here goes.

First of all, I did not develop any of the code for phpdig, so I'm not the world's most knowledgeable person regarding the inner workings of the code. However, I can tell you from having taken a cursory look at just how phpdig stores data in its index that it stores lookup data for individual URLs in the tables called spider, keywords and engine. If you browse those tables, you can get a sense of what most of the data is and what it's used for.

If you want an in-depth look at how they work together, you will probably want to look at admin/robot_functions.php, as that is where index data is written to. There's also a brief overview of how phpdig indexes here in the documentation.

Hope this helps.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote