PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 11-21-2003, 04:11 AM   #1
manfred
Orange Mole

V1.6.4 spidering

Something goes wrong in this attachment. It takes ages to crawl the hole site because somehow phpdig is in loop. How to avoid this?

Also in auth.php there is some French mambo jambo which should be localized: Authentication failed...
Attached Files
File Type: txt phpdig164.txt (3.4 KB, 12 views)
manfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Without being able to check the links in the domain, it's difficult to say whether there is a loop or whether PhpDig is just following the links it finds, even those same links with different query strings. Perhaps try using the PHPDIG_EXCLUDE_COMMENT and PHPDIG_INCLUDE_COMMENT values in your pages, each on a separate line.

While I can understand wanting all language localized to the locales files, there is some language that remains French, or perhaps in other languages, that wasn't localized. Without knowing all languages included in the locales files, you can either define a constant in the config file or do as follows.
PHP Code:
// in auth.php change:
echo "Vous ne pouvez accéder Ã* cette page";
// to the following:
echo "You cannot access this page"
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 05:21 PM   #3
manfred
Orange Mole

Sorry about my complainments - my background is in software testing and I have strict opinions how things should work.

I think when you have chosen English also all error messages should appear also in English - this does not bother me but anyway.

What comes to this looping thing there is some odd behaviour. Compare these two lines and you can notice it too.

10:http://www.xxxxx.xxx/index.php?subac...t_from=&ucat=&

This is OK but after a while appears this:

17:http://www.xxxxx.xxx/index.php?subac...amp;ucat=&
(time : 00:00:33)

Where all those & chars have been converted to $amp;
And there is 500 of these lines even though I have only five active news (Cutenews) in the server.

Note: those links does not work, you have to check from the original attachment.

Then there is another thing. Admin/temp folder should include one dummy file because some of those archiver programs does not extract empty folders at all.

Last edited by manfred; 11-22-2003 at 05:26 PM.
manfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. If you want to use the locales files, add 'no_access' => 'You cannot access this page.', as the first key value pair in the $phpdig_mess array of the locales file, go through the admin directory files and everywhere that auth.php is included, include phpdig_functions.php prior to the auth.php include but after the config.php include, if needed, and then use phpdigPrnMsg('no_access'); in place of the echo line.

As for the appending query strings, I cannot replicate this error. It might help if I could get the domain name for your site to look at the HTML source and try an index.

Thanks for the tip on empty folders.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote