PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Mod Requests

Old 03-22-2004, 03:19 AM   #1
Mindrot
Awaiting Email

Submit crawler

Anyone know if there is a way to create a form for a webmaster to fill out on my phpdig site and then click submit and have him crawl his own site for my search engine?

I would like to add a feature for webmasters to add their site to my engine, and I think even if there is a small box with nothing more than URL:______ and a submit button it would rock.

There could be a message that says Please wait while we spider your site: (this could take a while)

And then it could do the "++++++++" thing for them, and on a locked error report back that their site is next in line for queue.

Is this possible and if so how? Like so many others I am not too keen on PHP but Im not a complete novice either. If this can be done can someone post a howto?

Thank you

Chris
Mindrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:15 PM   #2
jerrywin5
Orange Mole

There is a new mod that does something close to this. Rather than automatically indexing user submitted URLs, it waits for admin approval. See this thread for more info.
jerrywin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:29 AM   #3
druken
Green Mole

mindrot: if your still looking for this, i have modded the spider.php on my site to allow just that. users can spider their own site even shows the links and everything it shows us. if your intrested in it. send me an email to druken@abss.ca
druken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #4
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Quote:
Originally posted by druken
mindrot: if your still looking for this, i have modded the spider.php on my site to allow just that. users can spider their own site even shows the links and everything it shows us. if your intrested in it. send me an email to druken@abss.ca
Why not post a zip file here on the forum and make it available for everyone to download? Just a thought.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:05 AM   #5
snorkpants
Green Mole

Yes. I'd be very interested in having a look at that too
snorkpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
chrisoverly
Green Mole

i wouldnt mind having that script either.
chrisoverly is offline   Reply With Quote