PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Script Installation

Old 06-17-2004, 09:27 PM   #1
Destroyer X
Green Mole

Need Help Installing Search Engine

Hey everyone! While I hate to ask a question that has been asked many times, I'm having problems trying to install PhpDig. Before I begin, here's my info. on my phpinfo page:

http://www.destroyerx.net/phpinfo.php

Anyway, I tried to create the database using [PHPDIG_DIR]/admin/install.php (I managed to figure out the default username and password was admin/admin), however, everytime I tried to use the install page, it gives me the following error message:

Can't create database.
Verify user's rights.

Anyway, I tried creating a table within my MySQL database using MySQL directly, and it gave me the following error message below:

mysql> create table phpdig;
ERROR 1113: A table must have at least 1 column

Anyway, I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong to try to install this search engine. I hope I was descriptive enough by adding the error messages I was given when trying to install the script and including my phpinfo page. Hopefully, between everyone who responds to this, I'll be able to finally configure PhpDig to work on my Web site.

I was using a Perl search engine called Perlfect Search 3.31 for my Web site, but since I'm running a PHP poll and can't place PHP into the HTML template pages that are necessary for the Perl search engine and Perl image gallery, I need to get rid of my Perl scripts and make way for PHP generated pages.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your help. Ciao for now!

Last edited by Destroyer X; 06-17-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Destroyer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:18 AM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Welcome to the forum, Destroyer X.

You'll have better luck setting up your database manually. You can do that part through your web host's control panel. Same thing for the tables, which you'll create using a file called init_db.sql, which is in the sql folder. Also, check the documentation starting here for folder permissions, customization, etc.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more problems. We'll be glad to help.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #3
Destroyer X
Green Mole

While I hated to have to post this online so everyone can see the structure of my database, I'm that desperate for help that I'm going to go ahead and do it. Anyway, "destroyerx" is my database name. I can only create tables in my database and do not have permission to create additional databases. Anyway, here is my database below:

+----------------------------------+
| Tables_in_destroyerx |
+----------------------------------+
| phpbb_auth_access |
| phpbb_banlist |
| phpbb_categories |
| phpbb_config |
| phpbb_confirm |
| phpbb_disallow |
| phpbb_forum_prune |
| phpbb_forums |
| phpbb_groups |
| phpbb_posts |
| phpbb_posts_text |
| phpbb_privmsgs |
| phpbb_privmsgs_text |
| phpbb_ranks |
| phpbb_search_results |
| phpbb_search_wordlist |
| phpbb_search_wordmatch |
| phpbb_sessions |
| phpbb_smilies |
| phpbb_themes |
| phpbb_themes_name |
| phpbb_topics |
| phpbb_topics_watch |
| phpbb_user_group |
| phpbb_users |
| phpbb_vote_desc |
| phpbb_vote_results |
| phpbb_vote_voters |
| phpbb_words |
| poll_comment |
| poll_config |
| poll_data |
| poll_index |
| poll_ip |
| poll_log |
| poll_templates |
| poll_templateset |
| poll_user |
+---------------------------------+
38 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The following is what all I've tried to do to get the init_db.sql working and get some tables created:

mysql> phpdig < search/sql/init_db.sql
-> ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'phpdig < search/sql/init_db.sql' at line 1
mysql> phpdig < public_html/search/sql/init_db.sql
-> ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'phpdig < public_html/search/sql/init_db.sql' at line 1
mysql> phpdig < /public_html/search/sql/init_db.sql
-> ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'phpdig < /public_html/search/sql/init_db.sql' at line 1

Anyway, I was wanting to know is there was something else I'm doing wrong. The answer might be simple, but so far, I'm not seeing it yet. Thank you for your time. Ciao for now!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
Destroyer X
Green Mole

Well, I finally managed to get PhpDig installed from the install page. Because other people may have the same problem as I did, I'll explain how I did it. What I did was put localhost as the hostname, user and password being my database username and password, destroyerx as the PhpDig database, and I set the table prefix as phpdig_. Instead of using the Create database option, I selected Create tables only. Anyway, thanks everyone for their help. Ciao for now!