PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > Coding & Tutorials

Old 09-30-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
griffinmt
Green Mole

Question Joining it all together

I need some 'directions' regarding the following (please!).

I have ApacheV2 installed on my Fedora Linux system and as such it seems to be working as expected.

After that, I installed PHPV4, and that seems to be working as expected, both with Apache and externally.

But now I have a need to install phpBB, which requires the use of a database. I downloaded and installed the MySQL rpm (V4) and using some documented tests, it seems to work with the MySQL client.

But what I fail to understand is just how I kick PHP to understand MySQL is installed and running, because when I try to install phpBB, it says that it cannot access MySQL.

If you need to know more, do not hesitate to ask!!

Thanks,
Martyn
griffinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Try checking this and/or check the phpBB configuration file to make sure the config variables match your database.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #3
griffinmt
Green Mole

Thanks for the reply.

1/ Have checked those notes at the php site but not sure just how to proceed. I originally downloaded the binary rpms for php and mysql etc and they installed without an issue. Although I could load the source packages, don't know how to proceed from there - not fluent in manipulating this os yet. Is there somewhere I can check to see if the current configuration was compiled with the option already?

2/ phpBB doesn't have a config file -- yet. That gets built during the install. It does have a web form that, among other things, lets you select the database to use from a listbox. I selected MySQL4. If that is driving a process to go look for it, but it is using the wrong name or case for the search, I am not sure where to start to track it down.

Martyn
griffinmt is offline   Reply With Quote