PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 04-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
satcom
Green Mole

Pulling search results into existing search system.

We have a existing search engine that is using Google, Amazon, and will be using Ebay's API to bring in their feeds. I just installed PHPdig with the hope of generating some of our own results. Right now I want the search and the results to come back on our site from the existing search form. Is that possible using PHPDig's API?

I looked at some of the prior posts concerning phpdigSearch. Am I on the right track with that? I'm not really understanding how it works. For example on a basic configuration on my site you just have a variable for the search query and then the results are parsed from an array.
satcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Do you mean that you want to stick a search box on any webpage and have it go to the search results from PhpDig? If so, check out section 9.2 of the documentation.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
satcom
Green Mole

I've got an existing search script written in php. What I was wanting was for the search results from PHPdig to also show up in my results from the same script. I found some other post and was able to get it working from those. I've just got to play around with script a little and format my results. Thanks for the response.
satcom is offline   Reply With Quote