PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 07-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
JonnyNoog
Green Mole

Not indexing any site

Hello,

I have previously gotten phpdig working on our development Windows server that I use here. It's installed, it indexes fine, all is well on the development box.

The problem now is that I am trying to set up phpdig on the production server which is hosted by another company. It's a windows 2003 server (not load balanced, so they tell me), running MySQL 4.1.7, PHP 5.0.4, I'm trying to use phpdig 1.8.8. The phpdig search engine installs fine, no problems. But when I try to index (any URI, anywhere) I just get:

Code:
Spidering in progress... [Stop spider]
SITE : http://www2.anmc.org.au/
Exclude paths :
- @NONE@
1:http://www2.anmc.org.au/
(time : 00:00:00)
No link in temporary table
links found : 1
http://www2.anmc.org.au/
Optimizing tables...
Indexing complete ! [Back] to admin interface.
I go back to the admin index and it shows:

Code:
DataBase status
Hosts : 	1 Entries
Pages : 	0 Entries
Index : 	0 Entries
Keywords : 	0 Entries
Temporary table : 	0 Entries
This is the same for any website I try to spider, not just the one phpdig is installed on. So I guess this means it's not an issue with a load balanced server, as it does the same thing with any URI I give it.

I have checked that safe_mode is off and allow_url_fopen is on...

I have read other posts on this forum and made sure that PHPDIG_IN_DOMAIN is true, and LIMIT_TO_DIRECTORY is false. I have then tried to spider with depth set to 20 and links per set to 0... but I still get the same results.

Please help.
JonnyNoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
JonnyNoog
Green Mole

Well, in the hope that someone else will have to go through less hours of painstaking reasearch and testing... For anyone else having this issue (running phpdig on a Windows server) the problem appears to have been that the three directories...

Code:
[PHPDIG_DIR]/text_content
[PHPDIG_DIR]/includes
[PHPDIG_DIR]/admin/temp
...needed to have their permissions set to the Windows equivalent of read/write/execute (or maybe just read/write I'm not sure, I'm not good with these damn Windows servers... ). Unfortunately, seeing as I have no direct access to the server the site runs on, this involved me calling up the company who does run the server and asking them to change the permissions for me. This was after I had been bugging them for like a week or two for all sorts of other issues with the server from setting up PHP properly to giving me proper access to phpMyAdmin, turning on display_errors in PHP etc. etc. etc. God, what a hassle.

I have had a MUCH easier time installing phpdig on *nix servers in the past... Which is not surprising I guess. Damn your eyes, Bill!
JonnyNoog is offline   Reply With Quote