PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > Feedback & News

Old 01-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #1
Charter
Head Mole

Pruning Forum Members

Just a general announcement... the time has come where zero post count members are going to get pruned from the forums on a regular basis.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
mbgg
Green Mole

Hello

Is this is applied for newly signed users too?

mbgg
mbgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
Charter
Head Mole

I figure thirty days is enough time between the pruning of zero post members. I still need to firgure out what to do with members who posted but no longer visit the forums.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #4
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Well, obviously it's your decision but since vBulletin keeps track of when members last visited, you might want to cut members who have posted based on that last visited date. Personally, I'd give that group maybe a little more than 30 days before they got the axe. Still your decision though on how you'd want to work that.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
Charter
Head Mole

The thirty days is for zero post members. That's plenty of time to make a post. I'm not yet sure about a time limit for members who posted but no longer visit the forums.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
Dave A
Purple Mole

Charter,
whatever you decide will be fair, it is after all "your baby" so to speak.
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
laurentxav
Green Mole

Hi Charter,

I no longer visit this forum AS LOGGED visitor since... 04-25-2004 !!! But I come here from time to time to read interesting new posts without login me.
I'm a website developer and I don't install PhpDig every month ! But I want to be informed by mail about change made to phpdig. I hope I won't be pruned because I don't post any message during a long time.
So don't change your mind for those who posted but no longer visits the forums.

Many thanks for your good job with phpdig.

Laurent

Last edited by laurentxav; 01-12-2005 at 04:07 PM.
laurentxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #8
jerrywin5
Orange Mole

I visit the forum on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I do so and am not logged in. I have made some posts in the past. I would hate to have my account deleted because I have not posted in the last month or even the last year. I suggest deleting accounts for anyone that has not posted in the last two years. That shows a more obvious lack of further interest in the product.

Jerrywin5
jerrywin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #9
Charter
Head Mole

I was talking about zero post members when I said thirty days. I'm not sure how long to wait for members who posted but no longer visit the forums. Two years is a long time, especially when sending the occassional email to forum members. PhpDig is free, but I pay for these here server resources. Maybe I should go back to not sending email notices and let people check the forums for updates, as really should be done anyway.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:09 PM   #10
jmitchell
Orange Mole

well since I read the forum on an almost daily basis, it doesn't matter to me which way you take, and whatever you decide opon, we all know will be fair.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:20 AM   #11
Wayne McBryde
Orange Mole

Charter,

Would there be a way to not prune users that have a link back to phpdig.net fron the URL associated with their ID? Just a thought. I would think there are users that don't post but do use phpdig and have a link back to you from the botton of their search results page.

Also: Thanks for all your hard work on phpdig.
Wayne McBryde is offline   Reply With Quote