PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > External Binaries

Old 02-04-2004, 02:59 AM   #1
adtphpDig
Green Mole

Check box from spider.php

I am still trying to get phpDig to crawl pdf's as they do not appear in the search listing.

Since the fonts were installed in a seperate directory I had to do the following in my config.php

define('PHPDIG_INDEX_PDF',true);
define('PHPDIG_PARSE_PDF','/usr/local/bin/pstotext');
define('PHPDIG_OPTION_PDF','-gs "gs -I/usr/ghostscript/fonts/default/Type1"');

Is the above acceptable?

Similar to some of the other postings, I see the pdf's in the list, however not in any of the search engine results. I also noticed that there is no green checkbox next to these pdf's. Does no check box or x mark mean something?

Anyway I'm using 1.6.5 with the critical change to the config.php file. Also, I've attached my spider.php file.

Thanks,
Anand
adtphpDig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:44 AM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. What do you get when you run the following from shell?

/usr/local/bin/pstotext -gs "gs -I/usr/ghostscript/fonts/default/Type1" filename.pdf
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
adtphpDig
Green Mole

To answer your question. I get the text from the pdf file.

I've moved on believing that the pstotext was not install correctly and have tried pdftotext which I have actually gotten green check marks as well as a 0 result from the exec() command in the robot_functions.php.

In the result from exec() I get 0, 1, and 3. What is 1 and 3 represent?
adtphpDig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:00 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. What happens if you copy /usr/local/bin/pstotext to your account and then change PHPDIG_PARSE_PDF to reflect the full path to the new location of pstotext, making sure that the directories and file are all 755 permissions?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote