PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > General Forums > The Mole Hole

Old 10-01-2004, 07:41 PM   #1
wawan.wira
Green Mole

Hmm... a message from indonesia

I have been pushed to post to this forum so i still can get all the stuff from the forum. But, i think this way is a good way to make the forum more appreciated. Thanks for the admin.
I have found this site is a good one. I am searching all the topic of search engine for my thesis about portal. I am a postgraduate student in computer science department, institut pertanian bogor (bogor agricultural institute), indonesia.
That's for now.
Thanks for you, admin
wawan.wira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Glad to see you decided to come out of lurk mode, wawan.wira.

If you have any questions or need help of any kind, please don't hesitate to ask.
vinyl-junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
danfeder
Green Mole

just a post

All props to the people maintaining this software and site, but making people post before searching doesn't make much sense to me. The point of searching the forum is so you know if your post is going to be redundant. This way you get a lot of "hi, just posting so I can get access posts." Which is no big deal, I guess, just seems inefficient.

Anyway, phpDig seems like a great search engine, I'm just trying to figure out if I can easily exclude whole groups of pages with a regexp or something - I have a huge site with lots of redundant links - print versions of lots of pages, stuff like that, and I don't want to get redudant results or have to exclude each one at a time.

Best,
Dan
danfeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfeder
All props to the people maintaining this software and site, but making people post before searching doesn't make much sense to me. The point of searching the forum is so you know if your post is going to be redundant. This way you get a lot of "hi, just posting so I can get access posts." Which is no big deal, I guess, just seems inefficient.
Welcome to the forum, danfeder. We're glad you could join us.

Regarding the first post thing, Charter (the forum owner/administrator) wanted to try and get more participation in the forums. Prior to the one-post rule, a lot of people registered in the forums and that's all. No posts, no nothing. If you can think of a better way to encourage people to get involved here, I'm sure Charter would be willing to listen.

Quote:
Anyway, phpDig seems like a great search engine, I'm just trying to figure out if I can easily exclude whole groups of pages with a regexp or something - I have a huge site with lots of redundant links - print versions of lots of pages, stuff like that, and I don't want to get redudant results or have to exclude each one at a time.

Best,
Dan
Have a look at this thread. It will most likely answer all your questions.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
bsizer
Green Mole

Hi everyone,

Yeah i was wondering about the first post thing too but thats cool. Php dig seems like a pretty good little search engine.
bsizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:53 PM   #6
vinyl-junkie
Purple Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsizer
Hi everyone,

Yeah i was wondering about the first post thing too but thats cool. Php dig seems like a pretty good little search engine.
Welcome to the forum, bsizer. We're glad to have you here.