PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Mod Requests

Old 11-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #1
tyrol_gangster
Green Mole

No TEMPs, No Safe Mode

I can not spider my web, because server runs in SAFE MODE. But I found that I can spider it on localhost (using real URL to index) and then extract my database and import it to database on server. This WORKS! But because this is really annoying I need help how to do it on server. There must be a way!!!

I am amateur but I suppose that what safe mode has problem with is the temp directory creating, anyway i did not found it usefull, or even found what it is good for :-)) So please, can you help me, how could i spider my web online, i only want to make the db entries, no TEMP dir and tempspider etc.???
tyrol_gangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. PhpDig stores keywords in the database and uses these to help pull search results from text files, where the text files are created during the indexing process. Is the database itself useful without the text files? As PhpDig uses some of the functions listed here, it will not work in safe mode.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:04 AM   #3
tyrol_gangster
Green Mole

Thanks for replying. Yes, the database works absolutely alright to me even without text files, so the thing i want is a mod that will bypass creating this temporary step and files, so that spider no more crashes with safe mode...

On my search results page i only have the page title (not the text from page body) displayed so maybe this is why i dont need the text files.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:13 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Perhaps try setting CONTENT_TEXT to zero in the config file and keep the three PHPDIG_INDEX_* set to false. Does this get around all the safe mode disabled functions for you?
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:19 AM   #5
tyrol_gangster
Green Mole

Already set to 0 / false... Also I deleted the two time_limit occurence that was making trouble. But still when trying to spider web, it ends up with "Unable to create temp directory".... I dont want either creating these files not make the spider collapse OR make him not to try to make them...
Old 11-17-2003, 12:21 AM   #6
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Go into robot_functions.php and comment out the following.
PHP Code:
    if (!is_dir($prefix)) {
         if (!@
mkdir($prefix,0660)) {
               die(
"Unable to create temp directory\n");
         }
    } 
Does that get around safe mode for you?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:42 AM   #7
tyrol_gangster
Green Mole

now it ends with
Code:
Warning: fopen(../admin/temp/8d3eaaf35b4fc96a31071d6400f576eb.tmp): failed to open stream: 
No such file or directory in 
/DISK3/WWW/xxxx/www/search/admin/robot_functions.php on line 639

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in 
/DISK3/WWW/xxxx/www/search/admin/robot_functions.php on line 641

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in 
/DISK3/WWW/xxxx/www/search/admin/robot_functions.php on line 643

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for 
../admin/temp/8d3eaaf35b4fc96a31071d6400f576eb.tmp (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in 
/DISK3/WWW/xxxx/www/search/admin/robot_functions.php on line 644
1:http://xxxx/
(èas : 00:00:00)
no link in temporary table
first time however, it says indexation was completed, but it only gets the first page (URL) and does not follow the links :-((
Old 11-17-2003, 12:53 AM   #8
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. You can comment out those parts, or go to those lines and stick a @ right in front of the letter f to silence those warnings, or add error_reporting(0); to the top of the file. However, the latter will silence all errors so that's probably not wanted at this point.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:59 AM   #9
tyrol_gangster
Green Mole

I think i found the solution :-) I just created the Admin/Temp directory by myself and attributed it 777... now EVERYTHING works GREAT. Strange...
Old 11-17-2003, 01:02 AM   #10
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Glad it's working. The temp directory is needed for the functions in the warnings posted above. With safe mode every so often you might want to check the temp directory and empty it out if needed. Is PhpDig crawling links from the first page now too?
Old 11-17-2003, 01:11 AM   #11
tyrol_gangster
Green Mole

yes, all links index ok. amazingly i cant see any files in that temp dir, but as it finally works, i dont care :-) and of course if they really are not there - i am glad *1* Thanks!
Old 11-17-2003, 01:13 AM   #12
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. If you don't see them, then they're not there. So what's the link to your search page? I'd like to see how this displays for you.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:24 AM   #13
tyrol_gangster
Green Mole

i use it at www.oipunk.net - just use the search form on the left. it does not use a lot of phpdig but this is everything i really need and want for my web. btw i am redoing the web (to new layout) so there is yet not too much to search :-))) try searching for "recenze" for example this will give you the most results.

Last edited by tyrol_gangster; 11-17-2003 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:43 AM   #14
Charter
Head Mole

Cool. Glad safe mode users can get some functionality from PhpDig too.