PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > How-to Forum

Old 04-01-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Psykotik
Green Mole

can't exclude the path

Hello,

I've read carefully the forum, but in despite a lot of threads talk about my problem, I haven't found any solution.

I need to exclude a path from the spider indexing (not only the search engine), some internal links made for the website administration.

The "Banned" option doesn't work, and I cannot figure how to use the PHPDIG_EXCLUDE_COMMENT (if it's the way to do).

Let's say my links have this structure :

index.php?welcome=yes&admin=yes&what=1
index.php?welcome=yes&admin=yes&what=2

and so on. What I would to get, is to erase from the spidering the 2 last options, keeping the first one only.

Is there any solution ?

Thanks in advance.
Psykotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. Do you want to have index.php?welcome=yes instead of index.php?welcome=yes&admin=yes&what=1? If so, just modify the code in this post.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #3
Psykotik
Green Mole

Hi Charter, thanks for responding.

This code is not what I'm looking for, since it doesn't forbid the link crowl to every page with admin=yes&what=1. Moreover, I get a lot of errors when indexing :

Quote:
Warning: eregi() [function.eregi.html]: REG_EMPTY: in e:\***\admin\phpdig\admin\robot_functions.php on line 942
Warning: eregi() [function.eregi.html]: REG_EMPTY: pempty (sub)expression in e:\***\admin\phpdig\admin\robot_functions.php on line 942
Any other possibility ?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #4
Charter
Head Mole

Hi. It looks like whatever regex you used, it's not correct code so that may be why it's not working. It should strip &admin=yes&what=number from the query string.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
Psykotik
Green Mole

Well, I don't know what I've done the first time, but as I'm stubborn, I've tried a second time and now it works.

Thanks a lot, Charter ;-)