PhpDig.net

Go Back   PhpDig.net > PhpDig Forums > Troubleshooting

Old 01-14-2005, 02:25 PM   #16
Charter
Head Mole

Nothing particular, but without seeing the page, I'm out of ideas. As the page has sensitive information, of course, don't post a link.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #17
drywall
Green Mole

I moved the page to a non-cookie area...

http://www.freepress.net/phpinfo.php

Thanks for all the help on this.
drywall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #18
Charter
Head Mole

Ho hum... nothing stands out, so more thoughts. First try doing the following echo and see what it prints for full path:
PHP Code:
<?php
echo __FILE__// two underscores FILE two underscores
?>
Maybe there is a hidden "/Local" that should start "/Local/Library/WebServer..." or PHP wants "/usr/local/etc/httpd..." and not "/Local/Library/WebServer..." or something is set for "DocumentRoot" in the httpd.conf file.

Maybe change the owner of the PhpDig files: sudo chown -R [user]:[group] [file]

Maybe give up and hard code the full path where needed in the PhpDig files.

Maybe finally figure out next year what one flag needed to be changed.
Responses are offered on a voluntary if/as time is available basis, no guarantees. Double posting or bumping threads will not get your question answered any faster. No support via PM or email, responses not guaranteed. Thank you for your comprehension.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #19
drywall
Green Mole

No luck on on the __FILE__ approach. I played with permissions before but maybe will do so again. Sigh... thanks for the help, though.

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to modify spider.php (or create a new file altogether) that took info as GET arguments, so a cron job could just be set up with a "curl"? Something like...

Code:
curl http://www.mydomain.com/phpdig/spider_curl.php?d=www.mydomain.com&depth=6
(Or something like that). Seems like that might be a reasonably easy workaround, but I dunno...
Old 01-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #20
Charter
Head Mole

http://www.phpdig.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1538
Old 01-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #21
drywall
Green Mole

I'll check that out, it may be the workaround I need.

FYI, I just did a clean install of 1.8.7 and the problem persists (with very slightly different messages from PHP). So I don't think it's the result of anything I may have changed anywhere...
Old 01-18-2005, 12:57 PM   #22
Charter
Head Mole

I did a Google search to figure out WTF, and while I didn't see a solution for your OS/setup, what I did find is that there were several instances of people on Mac having the same 'relative' problem. Who knows...
Old 01-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #23
drywall
Green Mole

Wow, so you think it's platform-specific? Weird -- I never would have guessed that. Maybe Apple hid a weird document root thing somewhere in the Apache files that I need to find.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #24
drywall
Green Mole

Looks like DocumentRoot is set -- both for the virtual host and in general to /Library/WebServer/Documents
ServerRoot is "/Library/WebServer"
Nothing too unusual there, I don't think...
Old 01-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #25
Charter
Head Mole

Searched again: check this out. Permissions, permissions...
Old 01-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #26
drywall
Green Mole

Took a look at the link, thatnks for digging that up. At first I was excited because I thought you might have found it, but the message is mostly about when trying to do includes off of a user directory... and I'm not in a user directory. But I took the advice to heart, went bonaza and changed permissions to 766 on "phpdig" and every dir within that. Also changed it on robot_functions.php and config.php since those seemed to be the offending parties. Still no luck.

I just noticed something weird though. Here's the first (of several) errors I get when running from the command line.

PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '../includes/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes
:/Library/WebServer/Documents/includes
:/Library/WebServer/Documents/admin/phpdig/admin
:/Library/WebServer/Documents/admin/phpdig/includes') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/admin/phpdig/admin/spider.php on line 96

The thing is, though, I reset my include path back to just :/usr/lib/php ! How is it that my command line php could have a different include path than when through Apache? Might this lead us to something...?

Very confused...
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 PM   #27
Charter
Head Mole

There's "DocumentRoot" in httpd.conf (Apache) and there's "include_path" in php.ini (PHP) and there's all the rest of the settings. What's your DocumentRoot set to?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:24 PM   #28
drywall
Green Mole

DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents
Old 01-18-2005, 04:24 PM   #29
drywall
Green Mole

I decided I'm tired of whatever this weird problem is. So I went into spider.php and changed line 94 from

Code:
    $relative_script_path = '..';
to

Code:
    $relative_script_path = '/Library/WebServer/Documents/admin/phpdig';
and that seems to have gotten everything working. Still dunno what was wrong with '..' since it seems like it should, but whatever.

Thanks for all your help. This was driving me nuts too.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #30
Charter
Head Mole

What happens if you comment out the $relative_script_path = '..'; line, the one that appears before the USE_RENICE_COMMAND constant?